Monday, June 2, 2008

www.shadowdepot.com - The Shadow Depot

I wanted to let everyone know about my experience with this website http://www.shadowdepot.com/ (The Shadow Depot) They sell everything that is "shadow". (a Shadow is one of T-mobile's smart phone that runs Windows Mobile 6. For more information check out www.T-mobile.com)

This blog is not about the T-mobile Shadow. It is about the POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE That I personally experienced with the www.shadowdepot.com (The Shadow Depot)

Here's What Happened:

  1. I placed an Order on Saturday May 31, 2008 at 7:44 am Central time with The Shadow Depot's website. (www.ShadowDepot.com)

  2. At 7:45, I Receive a confirmation email from The Shadow Depot's Support Email that says that they have received my order and at the bottom of the email it states:

    "If you have any questions regarding your order, please don't hesitate to call our support team at (866) 627-9765 or email support@shadowdepot.com. For the latest status of your order, you can view the order status online. "

  3. At 8:30 AM, I found another item on their (The Shadow Depot) website (a more expensive item) that would do the same thing that my first item would do and a little more.

  4. At 8:33 am I sent an email to the http://www.shadowdepot.com/ support (as directed by their receipt) stating that I would like to change my order. This was again on SATURDAY MORNING!! - before my "order was processed"

    Copy of the email below:


    I’m sorry I just saw this item
    HTC 3-in-1 USB Adapter for T-Mobile Shadow

    http://www.shadowdepot.com/htc-3-in-1-usb-adapter/73A75A3571.htm

    is there a way to cancel my original order and replace it with this item ? since I know it has not been shipped out?

    Thank you in advance for any help!
    Scott Robertson



  5. Monday June 2, 2008 8:45 am, I received an email (from The Shadow Depot) stating that my order was processed.

  6. Monday June 2, 2008 at 2:01PM : I receive another email (The Shadow Depot) stating that they could not change my order because it had already been processed. (Two days after I sent the request to change the order)

    Here's a Copy of the email:


    Hello -

    Because your order has already processed, we are unable to add/delete products, change, combine or cancel it. We also cannot change any billing or shipping info either. Orders are processed at the bottom of every hour, between the hours of 9am-5pm EST Mon-Fri.

    Once an order has been processed, the credit card has been charged, the UPS shipping label has been created, and the packaging list has been sent to the warehouse staff. In most cases, your order is packaged within 10 minutes of being processed.

    We apologize for any inconvenience, and we hope that in the majority of cases, our faster processing times work to your advantage.

    Please Note that Emails are answered in the order they are received, if you need more prompt service we recommend you call our customer service support team toll free at: (888) 599 8998
    Patrick Frank



  7. I of course, email the following:
    I understand that .. however, My email was a few minutes after my order on Saturday and before the order was actually processed on Monday at 8:45.

    The order was not processed until 2 days after - I sent my email. Plenty of time for you guys to cancel that previous order and plenty of time to call me to tell me to place a new order. Or even email me this information.

    This is very poor customer service. Had my order “been” processed before the I sent the email I would say that this is very acceptable. However, The fact that the order was placed. And before the order was shipped (and even 2 days before my order was actually processed) I sent an email as directed by the The Shadow Depot reciept, asking to change my order. I would imagine that this would have been a pretty simple request.

    I will not buy anything in the future for my phone from you guys and I will tell everyone I know who has this phone about this experience and the poor customer support.

    Very poor customer service.

    Thank you for your time,

    Scott Robertson


  8. I also call The Shadow Depot's Customer Service Phone Number and I talk to the "The Shadow Depot Customer Support Supervisor" who tells me that I should have called first thing on Monday morning if I wanted to change my order.

    I state that the confirmation email clearly says:

    "If you have any questions regarding your order, please don't hesitate to call our support team at (866) 627-9765 or email support@shadowdepot.com."

    It does not Say just to CALL It states to Email or call!


I WOULD SUGGEST NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH THE SHADOW DEPOT, IT DOES NOT HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SUPPORT



The "supervisor" then tells me that I can just refuse the delivery and place a new order. I would be charge two times for shipping (since shipping is not refundable) and also during that time My Credit card would have been charged for two items ... and yes I would eventually get refunded for the first item (minus the $5.95 shipping)however, it should have never shipped out in the first place! So for one $15.95 item I would have paid $12.00 in shipping. To me this was not a valid option.

I was also told that he doesn't have time to read each email he gets on Monday before shipping out orders from the weekend. I would think that that before I ship anything on Monday morning, I would look at my "support" email to make sure that there were no emergencies over the weekend with any order.


What is your take? Please comment below!

So before you buy anything from www.shadowdepot.com Please remember my story!

I did buy my new item from another vendor. It was 2 dollars more than what The Shadow Depot was selling the same item for however, it was worth paying to avoid their horrible customer service and for the peice of mind!

No comments: