Saturday, February 16, 2008

E-commerce...

So my major project this week was integrating Authorize.net newest product Called CIM. While reading thru the PDF this product really looks like it has potential. My client wanted to setup a e-commerce solution that would allow their customer's to select from the credit card the user previously used or add another one. The customer also wanted to have al lthe Credit card information stored remotely at Authorize.net location.

Authorize.net documentation was great and left no real question as to what I can do. I quickly started writing my customer's e-commerce solution. Once finished, I went to test it and my first attempt went thru without a hich! Awesome looks like we're ready to go!

I then try my visa bank card, only to find out it's declined!!! What?? This is my own bank card so I know there's money in the account, what's the problem? I call up my bank and they inform me that they do not allow .01 transactions and they will always decline these transactions!!! So normally the response is well we'll just authorzie for a $1.00 instead of $.01. Here's the kicker!! On the CIM this is hard coded during the payment profile setup phase to authorize that this is a valid credit card!...

Needless to say I had to write a work around. Which I did get done however, it added about 3 to 4 extra hours to the project i wasn't expecting!

Oh well... Other than that.. I actaully enjoyed working with the new CIM API.


Web Hosting Houston

Web Design Houston

No comments: